Monday, April 12, 2010

Proverbs

I should take the time to go hunt down the handout from the Sunday School class on Proverbs so if anyone stumbles onto this post (which seems unlikely with no one knowing about my blog) they can benefit from the excellent teaching on the books of the Bible we're going through at church.

Maybe I'll do that later on this week when it's not already late and I'm tired...

Quote for the day:

A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance. Proverbs 15:13

I've often heard the "fake it until you make it" quote from people who know that it is hard to act happy when you aren't but in time acting like you are happy can make you happy. This Bible verse is actually talking about the opposite. It is talking about a person who is already living with the joy God brings into lives...When the heart is joyful it spills out of the person. You can't really hide deep joy. People can be happy and have it not be noticeable at times...but joy - that is a much deeper state of being. Filled with contentment, filled with appreciation for blessings, filled with admiration of beauty, filled with love of others...these things can't be hidden. The persons face will show a true delight in the situations and environments they are in.

People love to be around those people!!

I felt yukky this weekend and didn't sleep well so I'm getting tired...I'm going to finish adding to this post tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment